Truro, NS to Lawrencetown Beach Provincial Park in Lawrencetown, NS

I stuck behind in camp for awhile this day. I saved a few food items from being thrown out by putting them in my family's van for the ride back. Sticking behind meant my group got ahead of me. It was a very cold morning and I was in little rush since I wasn't expecting to catch up to my normal group. I came upon Stuart about a mile down the road and stuck with him till just a few miles later where the first Timmy's was. There rested the bikes of my group so I figured to stop while Stuart kept on going. At the Timmy's I warmed up, had some Tim Bits, and used the bathroom. Ian Dehaas, Len Kooy, and Reuben Bestman shortly arrived, also to warm up. According to one of their bicycle computers the temperature was down to about six degrees Celsius.
From that Timmy's my group went ahead while I rode with the other three guys. They held a more reasonable pace which I ended up not maintaining. But let me correct myself, I realized at the first rest stop we came upon (since the first had already packed up) that I had actually ridden ahead with the other three guys and my group had been behind me. This rest stop was a wonderful soup and sandwich provided lunch by a church of who's name I won't recall.
The rest of my day I spent peacefully riding at whatever pace I felt. When I came upon a part of the Transcanada trail I hopped on it and took it for about fifteen kilometers till I had to get off it for a rest stop. From the rest stop I rode the road for a few kilometers till what I thought would still be the Transcanada. Turned out this section of the abandoned railway was not up kept but rather was a four-wheeler trail at best. The old water crossing bridges had gaps up to six inches between beams and signs said the structures might not be safe for ANY use. The path ended up ending abruptly leaving me to hop on a local highway for three kilometers and use a four-wheeler track to pop up on the road I needed to be on. As I came up on the road there was Stuart just behind me. We rode into the final rest stop at the Seaforth General Store. All Sea to Sea riders had congregated there so we could ride the last bit of our tour together.
We all rode into Lawrence Beach Provincial Park at the same time, many riders being cheered on by family and friends. We said the Lord's prayer one last time as a group before we went to dip our tires. After the tire dipping was a hubbub of unpacking the gear truck and packing of everyone's stuff who was leaving from the beach. The Stehouwer family was packed up at around 5:40pm and set off for what was  29hr drive back to Kalamazoo, MI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB