Charlottetown, PEI to John Calvin CRC in Truro, NS

It's our second to last day. It's wild to think about. I did feel better this morning after plenty of rest. I headed out with my group and stuck with them untill I struck up conversations with the riders we passed. old Jim Beezhold especially. I dropped back to talk with him, this day being the second to last of seeing him (at least on a bicycle). I talked to him about the end of the tour and myself moving onto college.
At the first rest stop I caught back up with my group and headed out with them. We "send it" to the ferry, averaging in the upper twenties. Once at the ferry terminal we talked to other tourists around us about what we are up to.
On the ferry Sea to Sea full distance riders got a group picture and then we all took it easy. Caleb and I went to explore the boat, resulting in ice cream cones. Off the ferry I stuck a decent place with my group but also savoured the sights around us. We rode on a local two lane road paralleling a more major highway to Truro. With a few steady climbs we broke apart some but I'm no hard feelings. We talked and laughed when we would meet back up. A favourable wind and feeling strong contributed to our good mood.
In camp we all stuck around, mostly getting our things ready for the end of the trip. Many riders slept inside to keep their tents dry. John Calvin CRC provided a formal dinner held in their fellowship hall. We had real tables and chairs with table clothes! Many riders came forward to the mic at our evening meeting to publicly share what the Sea to Sea ride meant to them.
Frank told the group how he wanted a leave of absence from his pastoral position. He chose Sea to Sea so he would receive few questions of why he'd want to be gone for so long. He started the tour with a blood pressure of something like 220/140 due to the stress of his career. This tour has relieved him of major stress, helped him gain a more healthy weight, and attain a blood pressure in the high range of normal.
Doug Straatsma ride for his wife. He and his wife went through trials upon trials as she found out she had a disease in which only 20 other cases had been found. Their home location of Jacksonville, Florida had the medical resources to supper her as long as possible. Doug's wife passed away this past spring. I can't remember the exact steps but Doug knew all the "coincidences" he experienced were really God's guiding.


Trip: 167.8km
Time: 7:12am to 3:40pm

(Pictures to come)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB