Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB


A day to savour. Riders are more relaxed now that your days are winding down and the ride distances are shortening even by just a few kilometres. It's strange how 20km less per day, about an hour of riding lessons per day, makes us feel like the day's are so much shorter.
My group stayed ahead of me all day which was quite alright as I took it easy. The morning fog made for a cool by special morning. I rode primarily with no hands for the first 45km so I could sit up and take it easy. The parrelling of the Saumon River ensured a pleasant sight and a slight downhill over the day.
In camp tonight we are at the foot of a ski hill. Sugarloaf Provincial Park sounds awesome as it has camping, skiing, mountain biking, hiking, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, tennis, and day use areas. It's truly a year round park and the staff I have met are friendly. We entered New Brunswick today and it's a radically quick change to see mostly English once again. It almost feels too basic to once again speak in my own language and be able to communicate. I was able to talk to a construction worker who let me go before the cars did rather than a simple "bonjour" and knowing none of what else to say.
I'll be sleeping in a small storage building that which reminds me of an announcement box for a sports game. It's right by the tennis courts and offers about floor space for one to sleep inside of it. I'm very glad to stay warm and dry tonight.

Trip: 105.2km
Time: 7:17am to 1pm

















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB