Sunday, August 6

Restful and fun. With no set local church, Sea to Sea did not leave camp as a group. Hot breakfast didn't start till 9:30am! I slept in till 7:50am and then found out others had filled in for breakfast cooking. I stayed awake rather than going back to sleep. 
William did convince me to join him in going to church a good few kilometres away in Little Current. Turns out the church we tried first was apart of a joint service in town because this weekend is like memorial day weekend in America. The joint service was poorly attended except for about 25 older folk and about 10 Sea to Sea riders including myself. The pastor spoke on unity between the diversity of people at the service. Without looking up he spoke about seeing people who have had easy lives, have scars, or are carrying scars. He compared diversity to Gilligan's Island. From the poor boy Gilligan to the rich man Thurston Howell the III, and the small town Mary-Ann to movie star Ginger. We'll all have a place in God's kingdom. 
For the afternoon we took the Stehouwer van back into town for lunch and ice cream. Once back I learned we missed a free cooked lunch in camp and it has rained HARD. I had left my tent completely open: the doors open and the rain fly laying on the ground. My stuff inside was mildly wet, surprizingly not soaked. Caleb forgot to get my laundry. My mood dipped and I felt tired. Supper perked me up a slight bit. I set up the sound system for the evening meeting. I had enough time so I walked over to my tent to pack it slightly up because clouds were darkening. Within a few minutes the rain was pooring down. Thankfully my rain fly was now on my tent. We had pelaton under the dinner canopy's. Miraculously the rain stopped about a minute after playing Who Will Stop The Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival. My tent, despite the rain fly, was wet inside with a few puddles... what a joy. 
I'm going to bed early tonight and will enjoy another late start tomorrow. We will have a 99km ride tomorrow, although not really because we take a ferry for 45km. We're moving our breakfast back an hour, 7:30-8am. We'll ride about 50km to the ferry and not have to get onto the ferry till about 12:30/1pm ish. Tomorrow will be hopefully pleasant. I will be breakfast clean up for this week.



Loco Beanz Coffee Shop

United Church service.

Jim Beezhold on left and William Kollard on right. Jim is 81 years old and living life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB