St.-Louis, NB to Murray Beach Provincial Park near Murray Corner, NB

Cold morning. It was so cold! Getting on my bike was a slow motion and the shadows were made of shivers. A blessing came at 17km when I saw my crew's bikes at a Tim Hortons. Caleb gave me hot hot mocha because he didn't like it for some reason. I thoroughly enjoyed having a free hot drink.
I felt decent till around 80km when I struggled to sit on my seat due to such discomfort. I "sent it" to the next rest stop at 99km to get of my seat as soon as possible. I sat for part of the next section and then mostly stood for our last 30km. I unclipped my toes and stood on my heels occasionally to variate pressure points.
I wasn't looking for many things in particular today but I did find a great abandoned home near the very end of the ride. Pictures and descriptions are below.
Tomorrow is a shorter day of under 100km which includes a 15km shuttle ride. The shuttle ride is due to bicycles not being allowed on the Confederation Bridge to Prince Edward Island.

Trip: 142.4km
Time: 7:20am to 4:11pm

She just flipped all the eggs off of that griddle. A special treat of sausage egg buns this morning. 

Honey, I sunk the boat!

Perfect example of the abandoned postal box homes. 

These gas pumps were on the neighboring lot of land to the postal box. 

Within the last 15km on route 955 I bonked hard. I had very little energy and my butt hurt nearly too bad to stay seated on my bicycle seat. 


Within 5km of camp I found this nice abandoned home. Its doors were open and windows broken. 

The entry room as you come into the front door. Living room ahead, dinning room and kitchen to the back right.

This room appeared to be the living room.

The unfinished attic off of an upstairs bedroom.

What appears to me as a classic washer and dryer combined into one. 

Another entering view of the living room. This view is from the dinning room. 


Peter Slofstra, our head chaplin, dozing off after a harder day's ride. 

Tonight I'm bunked up in the rafters of one of the campground shelters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB