Petersborough, ON to Frontenac Community Arena near Godfrey, ON


Today is likely the best imperial century I've had. I started my day on the TransCanada multiuse trail and did the rest on the Sea to Sea road route. I didn't have major energy deficiency during any time of the ride today. The was discomfort and tiredness, but to less extreme levels than before. On Ed's bike mybhill climbs were probably a little easier but the bike is just that, a bike. As I described it to a Sea to Sea member yesterday, "my butt gets sore, my feet get sore, I get tired. It's a bike."
The was not a church to provide us with lunch today but our tour director made a special trip for us to buy deli meat and bread for the 100km rest stop.
Tonight feels great to sleep inside. What more Candian than to sleep in a hockey area, right? The tour director also bought special recovery snacks for us like chocolate covered almonds and Nutella to put on pretzels. These and a few other new items were greatly appreciated. We had a refueling supper of pasta to get us ready for tomorrow's ride into Ottawa.


Trip: 169.7km
Time: 6:50am to 3:50pm


A man made tunnel


Or a green nature tunnel?



Smoothly work in country roads.

Two islands in a lake. 

Enjoyed a new drink and some candy at the 5th rest stop around 130km.

Welcoming!

This is how we've camped tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB