Orillia, ON to Living Hope Church in Petersborough, ON


A good day doing different.

First to wrap up overnight. I had some discomfort last night in the way of my digestion. I knew I ate too much at dinner and then plenty overload with four brownies and two helpings of ice cream. The combo of this and too much at lunch was not good. Between 11pm and midnight I couldn't sleep well and felt the uneasiness wave over me. I began to know I needed to make it to the washroom before I felt worse, and presumably throw up. I made it easily to the bathroom and had a bowel movement. After this I didn't feel well enough so I knew puking was in my near future. Through prayer and determination I started the process and got it over with. I didn't throw up too much, but I got enough out to releave the major pressure in my stomach. Lesson learned that I will hopefully never eat so much again.
I woke up in a good and relaxed mood. Breakfast was served hot by the Orillia CRC which made all of camp move a little slower. I left later and rode comfortably. I really like Ed's bicycle seat which is considerably harder than mine. Kust riding a different bike helped  reexcite some of my biking enthusiasm. His bike rides well with a more crisp and rigid feel.
I made sure to take off my shoes to let my feet relax when I got to lunch. I ate a reasonable amount but just a touch more than I wanted to restrain myself to. The ride was hilly from there on out and I was bugged how we didn't ride a rail to trail bicycle path that our route kept crossing. At about 108km into the ride I joined onto the Trans Canada Trail. It likely wasn't recommended because it is a crushed limestone path (like the Kal Haven Trail in Southwest Michigan) rather than a paved trail. I loved riding the trail and it helped calm my trouble with road noise which has caused me to use earplugs for portions of rides.
Sea to Sea received a warm welcome in Petersborough by Living Hope Church. Members shuttled us to the local YMCA for showers and had some snack for us before dinner. Dinner had dessert following which I didn't not do well in preparing for. After one serving of ice cream I had too more and I wish I hadn't. I safely pushed the limit but I wish I hadn't gone even so far as to know where the limit was. It's hard for me to not eat when there's so much good mummy stuff to be enjoyed. Dutch influence I guess.
A big day tomorrow and I'll still be on Ed's bike. Please pray for myself and all of the other riders as we tackle tomorrow. I skipped bicycle shorts today and will try to do so tomorrow with a different pair of regular style shorts which I find comfort for riding in back at home.

Trip: 131.7km
Time: 7:40am to 3pm

Ed Witvoet's race horse on which I took a jog. 


I liked the fencing

The Kirkland liftlock.




Gorgeous off route trail 


Peterson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB