Montmagny, QC to Park of the Point in Rivière-du-Loup, QC

So. Windy. I left late due to food truck loading. Ed Witvoet, the tour manager was also leaving late to get on part of the ride. I latched onto him for the first 30km into the first rest stop. At the first rest stop I saw my regular group but they continued on as I talked to a local runner about what Sea to Sea is.
From that rest stop I started on my own. I was out in a good mood by talking about Sea to Sea but slowly lost motivation to ride quickly without a riding partner. While climbing a hill a group came up and I latched onto them. They were great to ride with for the next rest stop and a half. I drafted Jim Haveman, a tall farm man, for the next rest stop section. Jim rides fast which burnt me out. I took a longer rest stop the fourth stop which let the group who caught up with me earlier to catch up. I then rode with the. So much for all these people I rode with, but I needed them today. Today was a day of strong head and crosswind. The noise gave me a headache ontop of the extra effort I was giving.
A major blessing today was missing almost all rain. Rain was in the forecast which would've made the day very miserable. Only the last 2km of my ride had some sprinkling that nearly made me damp. Light rain continued through suppertime. We had a wonderful hot meal of tuna or chicken casserole, mashed potatoes, and salads plus bread. We all huddled underneath the canopy tents to eat and for pelaton.
Tomorrow I look forward to a short ride. We will travel 84km to Parc National du Bic for the weekend.

Trip: 133.
Time: 7:39am to 3:10pm
One side of the river

and the other.



Got into a draft behind big Jim, or as he calls himself "the big tractor." 

The ride in this area ranges 3.5m.

A very pleasant quiet atmosphere in a local watering hole.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB