Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB


I made many stops today. There were numerous unmaintained of completely abandoned homes and buildings to be seen today. My first spark for looking into abandoned places was on the south side of Bathurst. I didn't know it's name at the time but I saw the left over concrete from the power and paper mill. I began to notice homes along the secondary road 134 that had been abandoned. In the pictures you'll hear more of their stories.
Besides the buildings I took interest in, the day faired well. The hills and bumps of the road were worse in the morning and smoothed out after Miramichi, roughly half way.
Tomorrow is our longer day of the week but I really don't have much of worries. I pray for favorable wind and good sights. I plan on handing out many many Sea to Sea cards and stickers tomorrow. Only four more riding days left!


Trip: 127.5km
Time: 7:16am to 3:30ish pm



Remains of the Bathurst Power and Paper company. After some research its name and that it just closed back in 2006. Demolition has since taken place. 


A skatepark I admired at out first rest stop. Cool little spot to have at a school!

This out was located on route 134. A Canada postal box was located on the property. I have little clue if there is a connection but I found that a number of abandoned homes were next to the Canada postal box locations. 

The first abandoned home I entered. Surprised to find the door unlocked I scared myself as my hand was grabbed... By a spider web. The home was very small and possibly a premade home transported by a trailer. The outer home was finished but inside it was mostly just framed. Amenities were in places and even a few extra household furnishings.


The door on the left goes to the bathroom; straight goes to the bedroom; right goes to the furnace and washing machine + dryer. 

The kitchen and a furnished living room. 

Large bridge crossing into Miramichi.

Inside of an abandoned warehouse in Miramichi along highway 11. Company motto: "We'll Treat Ya Like GOLD"

Unknown purpose to this building along highway 11 outside of Miramichi. It's located well of the road. 

Inside look.


I really looked into this home. It's located along highway 11 at the intersection with North Black River Road. It's another Canada postal box house. This home was left with furnishings, clothing, and even papers. In one of the upstairs bedrooms I found a resume. I took the cover paper which outlined the man's name and that he was looking for a mechanical engineering position.


A trashed downstairs, likely worsened by squatters and drunks over time. 

A poor view of an upstairs bathroom but I like the floral chair in the bottom left of the photo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB