Atholville, NB to Superior Middle School in Bathurst, NB

I slept so very well in the little shelter. Had it not been for my alarm I would've missed all of getting ready and having breakfast. I was thankful to be dry and packed up dry! Others had to pack up wet tents from overnight rain. The rain stopped for our morning as we got ready.
Out on the ride we had a couple of falls. A handful of times we cross rail road tracks and about 7 people fell due to the wetness of either the railroad rail or the rubber fitting paralleling it as a buffer to the roadway. I faired alright and took my day rather easily. At no point did I push myself yet I found my legs just as tired and my butt just as sore. I enjoyed riding one segment of the ride with Fred from Smithers, BC. He listened to some of my tunes and we shared about our lives.
The mix of my high and low today was in perspective of receiving a donation. The man was very friendly and so was I to him. Almost as if we were exchging goods I gave him a Sea 5o Sea sticker while he gave me a small donation. The low came as I didn't put his donation away safely inside my wallet but rather loose in my pocket. Some 30ish kilometres down the road I realized the donation was no longer in my pocket. In good respect I will be giving his donation and updating past donations I have received along the way. It's a joy each time I speak with a stranger about our mission.
Tonight I get to sleep in the middle school gym. Tomorrow seems like it shall be a pleasant enough day, and another day to savour.

Trip: 117.8km
Time: 7:24am to 1:58pm


A damp morning but no worse! 




A gorgeous crossing over the Eel River with water on both sides for roughly a kilometre. 






Whoo! Can you see me driving this?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB