Vassar, MB to Lake of the Woods School in Baudette, MN, USA

We entered the United States of America! Short note, I didn't sleep well because the weather was so warm I couldn't do much too keep covers over me as protection from mosquitos. I slept in Stuart's hammock between two trees.
But the day was nice! The weather was cloudy in the morning up till our border crossing where the rain began. We went one by one through customs to get our passports checked and move onto the American side. Shortly after the rain came pooring down while we all took shelter under the secondary inspection covered area. We used the bathroom as needed and got a group picture before moving on.
I rode on with William, Caleb, and Frank until a split in the route where we could go more rural or take a more direct route along a local highway. William and Caleb whent direct while Frank and I went rural. Frank ended up getting two flats and needed a change of a rear tire. It was a good thing I was around to help because of my experience from 2013 Sea to Sea having many flats. Frank and I finished the rider with a later end around 3:30. William had already bought chips and drinks so we could meet him and Caleb to relax.
Supper tonight was loaded tacos. We all had plenty to eat. We are allowed to sleep inside the school and even put our bikes inside. Most riders are taking advantage of a fully sheltered stay.

Time: 4hr 59min
Trip: 117.4km
Avg: 23.4km/hr
Max: 33.4

Gathered together before going to the border.

Lined up at the boarder crossing. 

I was suspected despite how different k look from my passport picture taken 4 years ago!


Willy the walleye in Baudette, MN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Sault Ste Marie, MI to the Marina of Blind River, Ontario