Sunday, July 30

I wimpped out, I put up a tent. The mosquitos have now become too bad to sleep out in the open comfortably.  It's nice having the personal space and a barrier from nature. Typing "a barrier from nature" seems awful, I love nature for the most part.
Breakfast was our tasty Sunday breakfast of pancakes and sausage. In planning for after church I brought a skateboard for Caleb as well so we could hit up the skatepark. Caleb has been away this weekend with his family since they came up to visit him. He after all was busy and did not join me at the skatepark.
The church we all went to was First Presbyterian Church of Ashland. It's a beautiful older church with an organ and plenty of wood work. The pastor kept his sermon very relevant by incorporating the bicycle wheel. Jesus is the solid rim while we are the spokes. Individually we are weak and can't so easily be bent, but by the tension of many (actually holding the rim in) we are able to stay supported.
I spent my afternoon skating, swimming, eating food, and hydrating plenty because it's so warm here. Lake Superior is even warm because we are in a bay area.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Sault Ste Marie, MI to the Marina of Blind River, Ontario