Portage la Praire, MB to Calvin Christian Collegiate in Winnipeg, MB

Pleasant. Today was a pleasant day to be biking. I solved my cold hammock problem by laying out my sleeping mat inside the hammock to buffer the outside air. I had plenty of breakfast and the wind was on our backs for the ride. The first seventy kilometres kept us on a old two lane road with little traffic and fairly smooth pavement. To have both the calm of no cars and less rattles from road bumps felt glorious!
Rest stops came plenty quickly despite my relaxed riding. I road with William to start, then Stuart, the man who lets me borrow his hammock. For short bits I rode with others. To finish I met up with my parents and a middle aged man named Ed, a man who enjoys self supported touring. I met up with them at an A&W for free root beer day! All A&W's are serving free root beer today, Saturday July 22, to promote their new recipe root beer with cane sugar and all natural flavors. I had about three quarters of a gallon of root beer today.
Rain came in early afternoon while I was posted up at an A&W. I waited out the most of the rain and rode through some. It's great to be at a school for the weekend which ensures some inside shelter after having only tents for the past few days in campgrounds.
Supper tonight was held at the Indiginous Family Centre. As a Sea to Sea group we took part in smudging, a cleansing ritual, and ate native foods such as a beef and moose stew and bannock.

Time: 4hr 45min
Trip: 110km
Avg: 23.1km/hr
Max: 40.8km/hr






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB