Northome, MN to Robert J. Ellington Middle School in Grand Rapids, MN

The state bird of Minnesota is definitely the mosquito; they were awful last night! After lathering bug spray on my face I got into my sheet sack. I could hear a buzzing of wings and looked up to see mosquitos gathering on the underside of the gear truck. Even just all the buzzing was enough to flow fear into my veins. The mosquitos buzzed around me face, bit me through the sheet sack, and I gave up. I decided to move inside and a few minutes later Caleb also moved inside.
I slept well inside the school. I rested well and had plenty of breakfast: frosted flakes, the breakfast of Thursday. Announced at breakfast there was to be a ten kilometre optional time trial for us cyclists. I did participate when it came to be that part of the route but didn't push myself too hard. Something like an average of 31km/hr (19ish mph) and a time around 18-19minutes. The rest of the day went well and the school is beautiful.
Before showering Caleb and I headed off to the skatepark. Since my one wheel is busted on my board we are down to sharing the board we bought on this trip. Upon arriving it was hot! Caleb went and laid in the shade while I began to skate, then talk to a local guy. He's a youth pastor at the Alliance Church in Grand Rapids and happens to be into skating. Very pleasant fellow and interested in Sea to Sea! Before he left the park he gave me a cash donation and another reason to be stoked, he had an extra set of skate wheels he could give me to get my board rolling again.
This Sea to Sea tour opens up opportunities bigger than myself. As I cross the country I'm using both my biking and skating interest to start up conversations.


Time: 4hr 25min
Trip: 110.8km
Avg: 24.8km/hr
Max: 38.7km/hr

Passing through a national Forest and by many lakes here in Minnesota.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB