Minnedosa, MB to Island Park in Portage la Praire, MB

Wind wind wind. The roads smoothed out but the wind pushed against us all day. I rode with William, Caleb, and Frank, a pastor from Iron Springs, Alberta. At the first rest stop we made a key decision to have second breakfast at McDonald's. By this decision we became the back of the pack but missed the downpour of rain, keeping us dry for the rest of the day.
I've been riding in regular day clothes for the past few days. The stitch lines of the padding on my bicycle shorts has been more painful than the padding helps. I rode in sweat pants the past two days and in gym shorts today.
The landscape was pretty much flat today and with little change in crops. I put in early plugs at 75km till about 95km because the wind whistle in my ears was so aggravating. At 95km I joined a different riding group. William, Caleb, and Frank had gone ahead at the 75km rest stop. this other group helped pull me into camp against the strong wind.

Time: 5hr 58min
Trip: 133.6km
Avg: 22.3km/hr
Max: 49.5km/hr




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB