Princeton, Bc to Peachland Campground in Summerland, BC

We had hot oatmeal this morning. Plenty warm with more heat to come meant setting off earlier than usual. I was with William again, we had a blast. The route was mostly downhill with a heck of a hot climb. Thankfully a creek showed up along that climb, although the rest stop was only 300m later! William and I stopped along with others to cool down. I dunked my helmet while another John went for a full head dip and others went swimming. 
The descents featured strong crosswinds making it hard to challenge a new top speed. When we did arrive along Okanagan Lake we had favorable winds. Tim Hortons was a blessed stop for iced cappacinos while the temps soared to what my speedometer read 40°C. With renewed strength we headed out and caught a nice tail wind to push us into Summerland. 
At camp I took a dip in a small creek running through the campground along with William, a mom, and her 12 year old daughter. 
Dinner was lovingly provided by The Well from Kelowna. We had salad, potato salad, and chilli. Quite the hot stuff to have on a hot day but it tasted wonderful. 
Time: 5hr 32min
Trip: 131.4km
Avg: 23.5km
Max: 81.3km/hr



The pavement ends there but it curves up. "Just going to send it!" I thought to myself. Look up those words if you don't know the reference. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Sault Ste Marie, MI to the Marina of Blind River, Ontario