Portneuf, QC to École Secondaire Louis-Jacques-Casault in Montmagny

Today became long but there are parts to appreciate. I was very glad to get back under the truck for sleeping last night. I feel back to a simple living. I eat breakfast simply out of my mug with a spoon or make a sandwich of sorts to eat with my hands. Excess is back to bugging me despite the basic nature of this trip.
I felt a lack of motivation in riding today. I fell behind my group very quickly and didn't catch up with them till Quebec City. Once their I joined with a man named Gary Bomhof to find my group. We met them at Starbucks and then went out for lunch. We explored old town Quebec City which was neat but to me just another touristy area. Plenty of things to buy, but nothing I feel like spending money on.
I held onto a good mood while we adventured but was somber there after. I was also slow for the second half of our day so I fell behind and rode alone.  By the time I got into town William and crew had stopped for ice cream and then caught up to me. I somehow didn't see them or their bikes where they had stopped. They decided to go out for dinner while I went into camp. I feel much better about a free camp meal and being apart of camp community. I also wanted to be back to set up the sound system for the evening meeting.
I'm under the truck again tonight and hope to rest well.

Trip: 121.9km
Time: 7:35am to 5:50pm

Some French is easily enough understood. The woman at the fruit stand said to me bonjour and I was able to reply, "bonjour."


I took interest in the tide change. Strange to see many boats land docked. 

Entering lower old town Quebec City.






$3.55 Ferry ride across to Levis to continue the day's route.

Another of many cathedrals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB