Meaford, ON to Orillia Christian School in Orillia, ON

Again, a day of ups and downs. I chose to go straight towards the bay rather than back up a hill and the route prescribed. I turned right to the dead end of the road and discovered the Tom Thompson Trail.  This trail began as a mowed two track for about 100m before it became a dirt single track with occasional boardwalk sections to go over soft sections. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and did make my way down to the bay. I joined the Sea to Sea route when I got to the trailhead of the Georgian Trail. The Georgian Trail is an old railroad road base turned into a multiuse crushed limestone trail. I rode it from Meaford to Collingwood and then made my way to the second rest stop. I felt fairly good up through lunch but then felt quite unenergetic after that.
I had three tacos at lunch and many baked goods. The hospitality by Faith Missionary Church for lunch was over the top. I overate and underdrank which added significantly to less enjoyable rest of the day. A Pepsi at 118km helped pep me up enough to make the day. Once I was close to town I was ready to be done and therefore picked up my pace considerably. I surely have energy left, it's just not until I decide to use it well.
A dinner of lasagna and Shepard's pie was served by Orillia CRC. They also provided many fruits and Dutch almond paste pie for snacks. There were even brownies, pies and I've cream for dessert! The church will also be providing hot breakfast in the morning! Orillia is treating us wonderfully!
Tomorrow I look forward to riding a different bike. The tour managers daughter will be riding my bicycle for a smaller frame and I will ride the manager's carbon frame bicycle with no pack. His set up is much lighter than my bicycle. Lunch and dinner will be served by churches tomorrow.

Trip: 142.7km
Time: 7:20am to 4pm







Ski Resort

Lunch at Faith Missionary

Ski resort in the distance

Jack acting 15 years old before his hair cut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB