Let Bic, QC to Amqui Community Centre in Amqui, QC

Woo-hoo! In semiconcious preparation I took the morning easy. My group went faster than I and i enjoyed the sights at a comfortable place with plenty of sitting up. With the wind at our backs we all made decent time.
The first rest stop at 24km was hosted by Our Father's House in Rimouski. They had renovated the inside of a cathedral to be a modern social area and cafe. It's a non-denominational space for groups and the general public to incorporate Christianity into their day. While we were there a small group was having Bible study.   The second rest stop was at 5
2km where I caught up to my group and then stuck with them.
We stopped within a few kilometres (56km maybe) at the last Tim Hortons before camp. Caleb treated me to a tall iced cappuccino and a donut. This iced cap, being the only liquid I had drank thus far on the ride, picked me right up. Caleb and I remained with our group only through the first hill before we took off. For the next 30km or so we must've averaged around 40km/hr with the wind at our backs. We passed many and were passed by none. It felt great to be moving fast, and it made our day a lot shorter.
In camp we are at a community centre. We can sleep inside and the showers were pretty decent. I though did not take a shower for quite some time. I went with a few others to meet the town major and be socialable. When I did shower I enjoyed it and appreciated a hot supper of pasta.
Tomorrow is a day of 105km with few towns. Without factoring in wind, the day should be an easier ride due to distance and an overall downhill.

Trip: 129km
Time: 7:16am to 2:17pm

Shores of the St. Lawrence in Rimouski


Our House, a local ministry of Rimouski. 

C to C. I don't know the original intent of this location but it was a close fit for Sea to Sea!




A meet and greet of sorts with the town mayor (man in blue shirt on bicycle) and a paralyzed man riding his electric wheel chair a significant distance to raise awareness of paralyzed individuals. 

A memorial tree planted for Sea to Sea in the Municipal Campground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB