Lachute, QC to Camping du Vieux Moulin Inc in Saint-Barthélemy, QC

I joined Ben for the night in his tent. He hadn't put the fly on so we hoped for no rain. Trouble camp just before 4am as I heard a Pitter patter and drops coming through the screen netting. I woke Ben up and we got the fly on. Within ten minutes or so the rain came down and we were dry. I still felt uneasy and it's because I left my duffel bag and bicycle bag unprotected. After another 5 minutes I got up and put them under the truck to stay dry.
In the morning we packed up a wet tent with just some light sprinkles continuing through breakfast. The roads were wet but the rain quit for the reminder of our ride. William treated me to Thai Zone at around 95km. I got quite stuffed really. The best part of today for me was being able to stick with my riding group. I had both adaquate energy and determination to hold a higher riding pace.
Once in camp we had time to set up and even shower before more rain hit. The thunder could be heard in the distance for about an hour as we saw darker clouds move in. The tent fly was on, my bicycle bag was covered, and my duffel was under the truck. With plenty of warning most everyone was ready to take shelter and wait out the rain which lasted under a half hour. The smells of supper wafted around making us all hungry. We had a supper of ham and pineapple, corn, potato wedges, and bread.
The mosquitos are still quite bad so I still won't be sleeping under the truck.



Trip: 138.5km
Time: 7:25am to 2:30pm

Morning view of the trucks.

Fields of corn. 

Thai Zone



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB