Godfrey, ON to Redeemer Christian School in Ottawa, ON

I still had a good day. I was back onto my own bicycle and it felt strange! I tried to adjust seat position and such back to where I had it but I felt cramped. After raising the seat and adjusting the angle it felt a bit better but I can still tell my bicycle is much different than Ed's. My pace did seem slower, I do believe this was mental. I'm tired from yesterday and an early start this morning. Breakfast was at 6:30am yet most riders were up and about by 5:30am with the lights on at at least 5:40am. I had my alarm set for 6:10am... I surely did not need it.
Leaving later and having to stop to make adjustments put me at the back of the pack. I felt a touch down but also relieved of pressure. I could stop for McDonald's drink stickers and at the abandoned house featured in the pictures below. Not until lunch did I have any sight of Caleb and William. Frank stayed ahead of us all day! Lunch was at His House in Perth, ON. His House is a thrift store and drop in centre for the local community. They provided snadwiches, fruit, and coffee for lunch.
I convenient and thankfully arrived into camp about 10minutes before a hard rain hit. It's amazing to think how easily my day could've been delayed and gotten me caught in that rain.
A planned dinner at The Keg was luxury. Frank has had a gift card for the restaurant that he has been waiting to use. He decided to bless Caleb and I to a steak dinner with both beer and a dessert. It felt like rich living. A rider named Jack also joined us and tried to console us in spending so much while we are participating in a bicycle tour for poverty. It's the publicity of this tour that makes it worth it. With such a great number of cyclists and a impactful group of riders, we really do talk to those in the community around us. Jack made sure to give our waitress a a Sea to Sea sticker and a short explanation of why we are in town.

Tonight I look forward to extra rest and a little longer sleep in the morning. Hopefully I'm not awakened early at even 7am by people and lights. Breakfast will be at 8am.



Trip: 140.7
Time: 6:35am to 2:35pm

Not easily entered so I didn't break in. The home was erected in the 1800's called something like Frontenac Steel. Possibly a blacksmith's home?


Field of purple


Dinner on Frank at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. The most expensive meal we've all eaten and some wonderful steak. 

I like these transparent colored countertops!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB