Russel, MB to Minnedosa Beach Campground in Minnedosa, MB

The roads were rough, the shoulders were rough, the weather was nice. We couldn't escape the bad roads of Manitoba today. The shoulder was rough pavement and the roadway had jarring cracks every few feet; the sweet spot was right along the rumble strip.  The first half of my day went quickly as I rode with Ed Witvoet, the tour manager. We averaged around 30km/hr during our time together.
As the day went on I wore out. Caleb and Frank, a CRC pastor, joined William and I for parts of the day. We all went to a small pub at the end of the day for refreshment and a pizza to revive. We all slumped quite nicely in our classic cushioned chairs, weary from the rattle of the road.
Camp tonight is pleasantly on a lake! I swam in the lake, showered in the lake, and watched the sunset over the lake. Dessert was provided by Herman, a farmer from Canada and a member of my small group. Now with a full stomach and a tired body, I am well ready for a good night's rest. I'll be sleeping on the ground tonight to stay warm after a hammock last night was not quite warm enough.

Time: 5hr 44min
Trip: 140.5km
Avg: 24.4km/hr
Max: 52.5km/hr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB