Murray Corner, NB to Charlottetown CRC in Charlottetown, P.E.I.


So so cold! It's scary how cold it gets here along the ocean and bays. I slept not so well in the hammock overnight but I did stay warm enough. Being in one of the shelters, I did not experience the hard cold wind. I rode with Kara and Erick Schuringa to the Confederation Bridge and then split.
Across the bridge I rode quite tiresome and slow till about 50km where I had breakfast with my crew. Frank decided to pick up the tab so I went with a full breakfast. A cheese omlete, potatoes, and toast. I loaded my toast with jams and jelly's, not even spreading them! I felt much better after breakfast, even well enough to ride with my crew.
We stopped within 10km of breakfast at a church thrift store. I got a denim button up and a corderoy button up, and then convinced Caleb to buy a tux. This night was the Sea to Sea celebration dinner and we planned to look fancy. Later we bought matching vests and tyes. Caleb looked like the groom while the rest of us looked like his groomsmen. The Sea to Sea family loves our dapper looks and added to the happy atmosphere of the evening.
Shout out to University of PEI for their wonderful showers and sauna in the locker rooms. Charlottetown CRC is camp and they're letting us sleep inside in their basement. They provided dinner tonight with a pig roast, corn on the cob, and bakery desserts.


Trip: 94.3km
Time: 7:23km to 125pm

Kara Schuringa braided my hair tonight to keep my warm. 

Kara and Erick Shuringa. 

The sauna at the University of PEI locker room. So nice for drying off!

Evening meeting and talk by World Renew and Partner's Worldwide. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bathurst, NB to Daigle Daigle Park Campground in Saint-Louis, NB

Amqui, QC to Sugarloaf Provincial Park in Atholville, NB